The medical objective of the upcoming Grand Finale fundraiser, which will take place on Sunday, January 12th, 2020 will focus on raising money to ensure the highest standards of diagnostics and care in paediatric surgery and treatment. Our motto is Wind in Our Sails!
We have always made sure to work as closely as possible with the medical professionals and to listen to their advice - we know that there is no-one who is better informed about the needs of medicine in the country. We value the work they do every day and we are very proud that they, in turn, value our initiative!
- Professor Jerzy Szczapa: Chairman of the Polish Neonatological Association
There is not even one ward which has received equipment from the GOCC among the 450 neonatal wards in the country...
- Professor Piotr Kaliciński, PhD (prof. dr hab.): Head of the Children's Cardiac Surgery and Transplantology at the The Children's Memorial Health Institute in Warsaw and National Consultant on Children's Surgery
Mister Jurek, as the National Consultant I often visit children's surgery wards and everywhere I go I see the little red stickers on equipment.
- Professor Ryszard Grenda, PhD (prof. dr hab. n med.): at the The Children's Memorial Health Institute in Warsaw
A few years ago the Orchestra has been collecting funds for treating children with kidney defects. Consequently the entire process of diagnosis and treatment of kidney and urological diseases at children's wards across the country. I used to be the GOCC nephrology consultant and as a Chairman of the Polish Children's Nephrology Association I am in awe of the scope of the work you do and I can attest to the lasting effects of your activity.
- Professor Danuta Perek. PhD (prof. dr hab. med.): at the The Children's Memorial Health Institute in Warsaw
The MRI scanner we received years ago (it's still in great working condition, mind!) became a pillar, on which we build neuro-oncology in our hospital and other hospitals in Poland followed suit.
- Professor Jarosław Czubak, PhD (prof. dr hab. n med.): at the Gruca Orthopaedic and Trauma Teaching Hospital in Otwock
The Children's Orthopaedic and Trauma ward at the hospital I run in Otwock has been named as one of the beneficiaries of the GOCC fundraiser. Without the support we have received from the GOCC I would not have been able to perform half the operations I now conduct.
- Professor Bohdan Maruszewski PhD (prof. dr hab. med.) Head of Children's Cardiac Surgery Ward at the Children's Memorial Health Institute in Warsaw, Chairman of Polish Cardiac Surgeons Club & Chairman of the European Association of Children's Cardiac Surgeons
The world-class experts can't wrap their heads around the fact that the Children's Memorial Health Institute, which is one of the most modern centres for children's cardiac surgery, has been almost entirely furnished by the equipment by a rock'n'roll NGO.
- Doctor Małgorzata Sałasińska-Kubacka at the Provincial Integrated Hospital in Toruń
Polish paediatrics is based on the equipment we receive from the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity. It affects everyone: the doctors, the parents, the children. The effects are to be seen in oncology, surgery, neonatological wards across the country.