The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity has oficially summed up its activities and support of Polish healthcare which aimed to address coronavirus pandemic in Poland. Our charity has donated medical equipment for PLN 48 000 000.
1. What is Medical Patrol?
Medical Patrol is a medical unit cooperating with the National Medical Rescue System by the decision of the Governor of the Pomorskie Province no. 2/2013.
The Medical Patrol has been created for the purpose of providing medical services at Woodstock Festival Poland and other events organized and supported by the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity Foundation and its volunteers.
The Medical Patrol meets the legal requirements of a medical unit as set out in article 17 of the Polish Medical Rescue Act:
- It is operationally ready;
- Its medical rescuers possess valid course completion certificates;
- The number of medical rescuers suffices to ensure work readiness;
- It has sufficient means of communication.
2. Who may join the Medical Patrol?
The Medical Patrol is open to:
a) Members of the Peace Patrol. Candidates are required to have participated at least once as a volunteer in Woodstock Festival Poland and have a medical education or a valid course certificate in qualified first aid (KPP).
b) Anyone else! Candidates who are not members of the Peace Patrol are required to have a medical education.
3. Can I join the Medical Patrol even if I’m not a member of the Peace Patrol?
Yes. Please not though that candidates who are not members of the Peace Patrol are required to have a medical education.
4. I have sent an application to the Medical Patrol. What happens now?
If your application is successful, we will ask you to send us your data which we will need to prepare a Cooperation Agreement between you and the Medical Patrol.
We will be waiting for your email for 7 days.
Once you send us the data, we will prepare and send you two copies of the Cooperation Agreement. Please sign them and send one of them back to us within 2 weeks. Our address:
ul. Dominikańska 19C
02 - 738 Warszawa
Yes, since the Medical Patrol is a medical unit of the National Medical Rescue System based on Article 17 section 2 and Article 15 section 2 of the Polish Medical Rescue Act.
6. Who can obtain a document referring to a course in qualified first aid (KPP) from the Medical Patrol?
The Medical Patrol may issue such a document both its members and the members of the Peace Patrol who have worked at Woodstock Festival Poland at least one time.
7. I am a student of a medical university. Can I become a member of the Medical Patrol?
People who study to become a doctor, a nurse, etc. may contact our medical leaders to register as trainees. They will not be full members of the Medial Patrol, however they will be able to gain experience at Woodstock Festival Poland. Once they graduate, they will be able to apply for full membership. Please not that this solution is only possible in the case of Peace Patrol Members.
8. How to register in a medical group at Woodstock Festival Poland?
Starting April 2016, a list of medical leaders will be published on our website. Please use the contact information provided along with the list to ask your selected leader is still accepting new people in the group. If so, you will receive a confirmation of being assigned. Please make sure that you only contact one leader.
9. Where does the Medical Patrol provide medical services?
The two most important events on which the Medical Patrol focuses its activities are Woodstock Festival Poland and the Grand Finale of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity. These are the events where your involvement as a member of our community will be most needed.
10. Do the Medical Patrollers receive payment for their work at Woodstock Festival Poland and during the Grand Finale?
No, the work provided by the Medical Patrol is not paid; the Patrollers work as volunteers.