Having raised a record sum of money, we have held a record-breaking open tender, where, assisted a team of medical experts, our charity has purchased medical equipment worth over PLN 160 000 000!
Equipment bought by the foundation is donated to Polish hospitals, which have applied for support to the GOCC. The foundation, as the benefactor, reserves the right to control the institutions which receive medical devices and equipment. The contract between the foundation and hospitals receiving the equipment states that:
- equipment can not be used for commercial gain
- equipment should be put to continuous use to treat patients, who were named as the beneficiaries of the fundraiser
- equipment should be used to treat only the patients, who were named as the beneficiaries of the fundraiser
- equipment should remain on the premises of the ward it has been donated to. Any change of the location of the equipment should be agreed upon by the GOCC
- equipment can be passed on to third parties (such as different hospital) only after GOCC gives permission to do so
Due to the fact that the foundation has purchased an impressive amount of equipment - thousands of pieces of equipment, ranging from massive machines such as MRI scanners to small devices such as aspirator pumps, we are unable to keep track of all our donations. Thankfully, we can rely on social control - the members of public let us know when they notice any irregularities in the ways that the equipment is put to use - and we are able to step in.
What is more, it is important to state that each unit, which received support from us, has to let us know about any changes in the legal status of the unit in order to move the equipment to the new unit. The foundation closely monitors the change of location and status of the unit, in order to ensure that the equipment is used to its full capacity in the treatment of patients.