The digital PET-CT scanner is a device which allows highly accurate and detailed imaging of tumour foci in children bodies. This equipment purchased by the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity Foundation for nearly PLN 16 mln is the most expensive machine in the history of the GOCC.
Protecting babies' lungs
We launched this medical initiative in 2003. We decided to provide neonatal clinics at public hospitals in Poland with equipment that can be used to provide non-invasive breathing support to newborns. Each hospital can apply to receive medical devices to be used in non-invasive breathing support. What is more, hospital administrators are obliged to provide us with medical data concerning the cases they treat.
- 554 Infant Flow machines, including 166 incubators equipped with Infant Flow devices
- 119 high-flow nasal cannula machines
- 36 medical ventilators with AveaClio oxygen flow regulation
- 63 HFO oscillating ventilators
- 29 non-invasive breathing support machines
- Nine neonatal ventilators
Overall, we have spent over PLN 56 million on equipment and running this initiative.