On 5 December, we organized the 68th Open Tender dedicated to the aim of the 30th Grand Finale of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity, i.e. paediatric ophthalmology.
Protecting babies' lungs
We launched this medical initiative in 2003. We decided to provide neonatal clinics at public hospitals in Poland with equipment that can be used to provide non-invasive breathing support to newborns. Each hospital can apply to receive medical devices to be used in non-invasive breathing support. What is more, hospital administrators are obliged to provide us with medical data concerning the cases they treat.
- 612 nCPAP machines, including 182 incubators equipped with Infant Flow devices
- 149 high-flow nasal cannula machines HFNC
- 36 medical ventilators with AveaClio oxygen flow regulation
- 95 HFO respiratory oscillating ventilators
- 29 non-invasive breathing support machines
- 9 neonatal ventilators
- 2 devices for delivering nitric oxide
Overall, we have delivered 932 devices within this initiative.