We have begun the biggest shopping for medical equipment in the history of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity Foundation. We intend to purchase 2818 pieces of equipment!
25 million PLN for paediatrics
Today marks the end of the 49th Open Tender. This time the members of the board of the Foundation and medical experts looked to buy equipment for paediatric wards. The shopping was made with the funds collected at the 25th Grand Finale. The Foundation bought 3148 pieces of equipment, ranging from state-of-the-art mobile X-ray machines to hospital furniture, such as beds for young patients and chairs parents who visit their children in a hospital, for a sum of 25 million PLN!
An Open Tender procedure allows experts to examine equipment sold by different vendors and it also allows the representatives from the Foundation to negotiate the best prices and terms of service.
This time we have received 112 offers from 29 companies. After careful consideration and lengthy negotiations, the Foundation decided to purchase:
- ultrasound machines (basic) - 61
- ultrasound machines (premium) - 7
- ultrasound machines (cardiovascular) - 7
- stationary x-ray machines - 2
- portable x-ray machines - 3
- hospital beds for children (large) - 343
- hospital beds for young adults - 692
- hospital beds for children (infant beds) - 560
- cots for newborns - 30
- chairs for parents /guardians - 438
- cardiac monitors - 177
- infusion pumps - 145
- syringe pumps - 321
- pulse oximeters - 209
- ABPM pressure holters - 30
- ECG machines - 54
- blood vessel scanners - 69
1. Engineer Marcin Gostyński
2. Krystyna Jadczak – quality control specialist
3. MD-PhD Aldona Jarosz
4. MD-PhD Katarzyna Jończyk-Potoczna
5. Lila Kimber-Dziwisz, MSc
6. Doctor Tomasz Madej
7. Doctor Małgorzata Serafin-Król
8. Ireneusz Szymański – radiology technician
9. Bożena Ścieglińska - Head Nurse at DSK WUM
10. Proffessor Janusz Świetliński
11. MD-PhD Piotr Weryński
12. MD-PhD Marzena Zielińska
13. MD-PhD Paweł Ziółkowski
It was our second Open Tender aimed at spending the funds collected at the 25th Grand Finale. During the 48th Open Tender, we have bought devices for 145 geriatric wards.
White WV golf of well-known TV presenter Filip Chajzer dates from 1984. During Pol'and'Rock Festival it will change its appearance. Szymon Chwalisz – an artist known for painting guitars is going to perform his art on it.
The 12-year old has shown he has what it takes to become a real hero by helping a senior citizen. The boy learned first aid during CPR for Schools lessons at his primary school!