Each year we finish the day of the Grand Finale fundraiser with a preliminary amount of money we collected in aid of our charity. The sum is preliminary because it is based on the estimated amount raised by our volunteers, our online auctions and other means of support.
A great way of making your charitable collection even more fun is holding a Fundraising Event. A party, a disco, an exhibition, or a workshop or even a play or a concert are all great ideas for a Fundraising Event, but you are limited by your imagination and resources!
A Fundraising event is not an invitation-only party, but it should take place in a specific venue, such as a concert hall, for example. A Fundraising Event can take place anytime between December 15th, 2018 and the day of the Grand Finale - January the 13th, 2019.
The organiser responsible for holding the Fundraising Events should make sure that the volunteers run the collection only on the premises of the event. Volunteers cannot collect money in other public places such as streets or parks. Such a public fundraiser is reserved for one day only - the day of the Grand Finale.
If you would like to reach out for the bands, who are willing to perform free of charge in order to support the Grand Finale efforts, you can browse through the Bank of Bands.
There is no admission fee, and no tickets can be sold - there is only a voluntary donation made in aid of the charity!
How to hold a fundraising event: step-by-step:
1. Read and ensure that your team follows the Rules and Regulations of Fundraising Events 2019.
2. Appoint a trustworthy person to serve as the Chief of the Event. Chief is responsible for coordinating all work that goes into the organisation of the event. They select volunteers and handle all official matters, such as filling in application to hold the event and signing all other relevant documents and agreements.
4. Chief of the Fundraising Event needs to register in the Chief of the Collection Centre Database: they have to fill in the application form, read and agree to comply with the Rules and Regulations.
5. The application form, which has been filled by the Chief in the database, has to be printed out and signed by the members of the committee, who are responsible for calculating the funds.
6. The application form, after it has been signed and stamped, needs to be sent to the GOCC Foundation's offices by post or handed in in person by November 19, 2018. Our address is Fundacja WOŚP, Dominikańska 19c, 02-738 Warszawa.
You must send us the original of the application form. We cannot process copies or scans of the document!
Financial accounts of the Fundraising Event
Promotor of the Fundraising Event should choose at least one person who is going to be responsible for counting the funds raised during the event. The finance committee should consist of adults who have a full legal capacity and enjoy the public trust and are respected by the community. The financial account should comply with the Rules and Regulations of fundraising events and should be sent to us by 31.01.2019.
Let's be in touch!
Send us an e-mail with any concerns you might have or drop in for a chat!