Today we have received amazing news from the European Parliament. The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity Foundation has been awarded the esteemed European Citizen's Prize, which honours exceptional achievements of European citizens and organization.
How to draw public attention to the charitable collection? It is middle of unforgiving winter in Poland, after all, so unless tempted by a fun activity, people are not going to venture outside into the cold...
The best solution is pairing your collection with an entertaining event!
You have got a team ready to organise an extraordinary event - be it a concert, a silent (or a very loud!) disco, a workshop, or even an exhibition in aid of the Grand Finale collection? Let's call this event a Fund-raising Event, which can also be referred to as a 'Closed' Event, but not because it is a sort of an exclusive invitation-only party for the selected few people, but because it would take place in a specific venue, such as a concert hall, for example. A Fund-raising Event can take place anytime between December 15th, 2017 and January 14th, 2018.
Remember that in case of the Fund-raising Event organised in aid of the Grand Finale fundraiser there is no admission fee, only a voluntary donation made in aid of the charity!
Once you have assembled an enthusiastic team of activists you should make sure to follow these steps:
1. Read and ensure that your team follows the Rules and Regulations of Fund-raising Events.
2. Appoint a trustworthy person to serve as the Chief of the Event. Chief is responsible for coordinating all work that goes into the organisation of the event. He or she selects volunteers and handles all official matters, such as filling in application to hold the event and signing all other relevant documents and agreements.
4. Chief of the Fund-raising Event needs to register in the Chief of the Collection Centre Database: they have to fill in the application form, read and agree to comply with the Rules and Regulations.
5. The application form, which has been filled by the Chief in the database, has to be printed out and signed by the members of the committee, who are responsible for calculating the funds.
6. The application form, after it has been signed and stamped, needs to be sent to the GOCC Foundation's offices by post or handed in in person by November 20, 2017. Our address is Fundacja WOŚP, Dominikańska 19c, 02-738 Warszawa. You must send us the original of the application form. We cannot process copies or scans of the document!
A Fund-raising Event is an event taking place in closed premises or in a designated area (an event such as a concert, or a silent disco, or a workshop - your only limit is your creativity and resources) between the 15th of December 2017 and the 14th of January 2018. The proceeds from voluntary admission fees supporting the objective of the Grand Finale.
The organiser responsible for holding the Fund-raising Events should make sure that the volunteers run the collection only on the premises of the event. Volunteers cannot collect money in other public places such as streets or parks. Such public fundraiser is reserved for one day only - the day of the Grand Finale.
If you would like to reach out for the bands, who are willing to perform free of charge in order to support the Grand Finale efforts, you can browse through the Bank of Bands.
Financial accounts and reports of the funds raised during the Closed Event
Chief of the Fund-raising Event should choose at least one person who is going to be responsible for counting the funds raised during the event. The finance committee should consist of adults who have full legal capacity and enjoy the public trust and are respected by the community. The financial account should comply with the Rules and Regulations of Closed Events and should be sent to us by 31.01.2018.
Let's be in touch!
Being in touch with the huge network of Collection Centres is an essential part of coordinating the entire action. Make sure to follow our social media channels and check our website for the most recent updates.
We would like to let everyone know about what you do - you keep amazing us with your ingenuity and creativity with which you make your ideas take shape! Make sure to let us know about your plans for the fundraisers - you have an option to create your own news updates and schedule a series of events accompanying the fundraiser.
Send us an e-mail with any concerns you might have or drop in for a chat!