Our online volunteer registration platform is now live. You can log in or register to become a part of the Grand Finale fundraiser. Play your part in the Grand Finale and choose your local Collection Centre or opt for an online Collection Box.
Equipment for heart surgery and anaesthesiology
57th Open Tender will take place on June 14 - 15th. Our charity together with experts in the field - doctors, surgeons, medical engineers and nurses and our legal team will examine medical devices, negotiate prices, warranty periods and other perks such as extra training for medical personnel and deliveries of perishable elements with the representatives of manufacturers. We want to buy sophisticated medical devices to improve the conditions at operating theatres nationwide.
We will negotiate the purchase of:
- ECMO circuit machine (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) - used to provide prolonged cardiac and respiratory support to sustain life - 5 units
- oxygenator (heart-lung machine) - used to pump blood during heart surgeries - 7 units
- cooler- heater device for heart surgery - used to regulate body temperature - 8 units
- heart ultrasonography machine - used to produce live images of the heart - 5 units
- sternal saw - used to open the patient's chest by cutting through sternum - 14 units
- system to heat blood and infusion liquids - 63 units
- equipment for complex intubation - 52 units
- pain and analgesia monitors - 9 units
- high-velocity oxygen treatment machines - 61 units
- monitors of brain oxygenation - NIRS - 8 units
- non-invasive ventilators - 44 units
The state-of-the-art PET-CT scanner, which will be donated to the Memorial Children's Hospital in Warsaw, was bought at the 54th edition of Open Tender. The device, worth PLN 16 000 000 will be the first digital PET-CT scanner used to diagnose children.
Jurek Owsiak travelled to Kołobrzeg to unveil two new location commemorating of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity Foundation - one a brand new roundabout and the second one - a whimsical statue of a seagull representing a volunteer.