The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity announced the result of the annual winter fundraiser. The charity raised 47 719 418,62 EUR (224 376 706,35 PLN) setting another fundraising record in Poland.
Equipment for heart surgery and anaesthesiology
57th Open Tender will take place on June 14 - 15th. Our charity together with experts in the field - doctors, surgeons, medical engineers and nurses and our legal team will examine medical devices, negotiate prices, warranty periods and other perks such as extra training for medical personnel and deliveries of perishable elements with the representatives of manufacturers. We want to buy sophisticated medical devices to improve the conditions at operating theatres nationwide.
We will negotiate the purchase of:
- ECMO circuit machine (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) - used to provide prolonged cardiac and respiratory support to sustain life - 5 units
- oxygenator (heart-lung machine) - used to pump blood during heart surgeries - 7 units
- cooler- heater device for heart surgery - used to regulate body temperature - 8 units
- heart ultrasonography machine - used to produce live images of the heart - 5 units
- sternal saw - used to open the patient's chest by cutting through sternum - 14 units
- system to heat blood and infusion liquids - 63 units
- equipment for complex intubation - 52 units
- pain and analgesia monitors - 9 units
- high-velocity oxygen treatment machines - 61 units
- monitors of brain oxygenation - NIRS - 8 units
- non-invasive ventilators - 44 units
The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity Foundation has teamed up with the Warsaw city council to establish a temporary shelter for Ukrainians escaping the war in their native country.
This year we are playing to ensure the highest standards of sight diagnostics and treatment in children. Although it is the first time that the January collection is dedicated to this issue, these are not the first actions undertaken by the WOŚP Foundation in support of sight treatment and diagnostics.