The January Grand Finale concert will take place in a new location at PGE Nardowy meadows in Warsaw on 28 January 2024. We are proud to present next stars of our music celebration. Here are the five bands to crown this year's line-up!
PLN 14 million for children's ophthalmology
On 5 December, we organized the 68th Open Tender dedicated to the aim of the 30th Grand Finale of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity, i.e. paediatric ophthalmology. Many hours of negotiations resulted in a tangible outcome - 20 pieces of equipment for a total of PLN 14,138,131.80!
Our today's purchases include:
- endoscopic tear duct surgery sets - 2 units from MEDTRONIC
- confocal microscope for detailed assessment of corneal structure - 4 units from CONSULTRONIX
- ANTERION device for non-invasive anterior segment imaging - 5 units from the CONSULTRONIX
- 2 devices for cross-linking procedures - from LUMIBIRD
- MYAH device for monitoring myopia - 2 units from TOPCON
- RTX1 for the assessment of detailed photoreceptor structures, retinal pigment epithelium and retinal vasculature - 2 units from IN VIEW
- a device for retinopathy of prematurity simulation training - 4 units from ABJ VISION
We have purchased 20 devices for a total of PLN 14,138,131.80. The equipment will be donated to 8 facilities in 6 cities in Poland - Kraków, Warszawa, Gdańsk, Poznań, Katowice, and Białystok.
Experts who supported the Board of the Foundation:
dr hab. n.med. prof. Wojciech Hautz (Warszawa)
dr n.med. Anna Rogowska (Warszawa)
dr n.med. Marta Pawlak (Poznań)
med. Magdalena Tomaszewska (Warszawa)
mgr inż. Marcin Gostyński (Szczecin)
The purchase was made possible thanks to the funds raised during the 30th Grand Finale - the final result of the fundraiser was PLN 224,376,706.35.
It was the fourth Open Tender this year and the last one before the 32nd Grand Finale in January 2024!
How is the Open Tender organised?
For each piece of equipment to be purchased, the Committee of Experts and the Board of the GOCC Foundation analyse each offer three times. The first input is the initial presentation of the offer. The second input is to provide details about the subject of the order. In the third input, discussions are held with each bidder on the proposed unit price of the equipment.
The GOCC Foundation has just completed the three-day-long 66th Open Tender held to buy medical equipment for the fight against sepsis. The Foundation spent a record-breaking amount of PLN 168 million!
Lidia Niedźwiedzka-Owsiak, who is the director of the medical division of the GOCC Foundation, was awarded an Honoris Causa at the Poznań University of Medical Sciences. This recognition was given in appreciation of her commitment to upholding the highest standards in healthcare.