Our online volunteer registration platform is now live. You can log in or register to become a part of the Grand Finale fundraiser. Play your part in the Grand Finale and choose your local Collection Centre or opt for an online Collection Box.
PLN 16.7 Million for Children's Medicine
The 57th instalment of our Open Tender was focused on the purchase of medical equipment for children's surgery and treatment. Overall, we managed to negotiate the purchase of 242 medical devices for children's heart surgery and anesthesiology, which will be donated to hospitals in 23 cities in Poland. We have spent over PLN 16.7 million from the money we have raised during last year's Grand Finale. Our shopping for medical devices has been postponed by the pandemic, but we are delighted to be able to organize the Open Tenders to use the money we have raised.
During the 28th edition of our Grand Finale, we have raised well over PLN 186 million, but due to the pandemic, our shopping for medical equipment has been cut short by the pandemic. Luckily, we were able to hold additional two Open Tenders this spring to allocate the money we raised last year.
We have teamed up with 11 experts in the field of paediatric heart surgery and anaesthesia to evaluate equipment and make an educated choice of what to buy from 24 companies, which presented their wares at the Open Tender.
We have purchased:
- ECMO circuit machine (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) - used to provide prolonged cardiac and respiratory support to sustain life - 5 units
- oxygenator (heart-lung machine) - used to pump blood during heart surgeries - 7 units
- cooler- heater device for heart surgery - used to regulate body temperature - 8 units
- heart ultrasonography machine - used to produce live images of the heart - 5 units
- sternal saw - used to open the patient's chest by cutting through sternum - 14 units
- system to heat blood and infusion liquids - 63 units
- equipment for complex intubation - 52 units
- pain and analgesia monitors - 9 units
- high-velocity oxygen treatment machines - 61 units
- monitors of brain oxygenation - NIRS - 8 units
We're building an impressive Grand Finale studio right at the heart of Poland's capital city - Warsaw. It will become the hotspot for all fundraising and entertaining activity on January 31, 2020.
With just forty days to go before the Grand Finale fundraiser, we have officially launched our online fundraising campaign. Find out how you can support our initiative by means of online payments, and bank transfers.