We answer your fourteen most frequently asked questions about volunteering on the day of the Grand Finale fundraiser.
Volunteer with us at the Grand Finale!
Becoming a volunteer at the 26th Grand Finale is a great way of getting involved and contributing your time and work to help others and it is way easier than you might have expected!
The first step would be to check online for your local Collection Centre. A list, which contains contact information, location, and the method they use to recruit volunteers. This year the Collection Centres can draft volunteers either online or on its offices.
- online recruitment - you select your local Collection Centre and fill in an application form available at wolontariusze.wosp.org.pl. If you are not 18 years old yet, you should ask your parent or a legal guardian to help you and set up an account of volunteer's guardian.
IMPORTANT! Please bear in mind that setting up a volunteer's account does not mean that you can take part in the collection. You will have to pay a visit to the Collection Centre offices at the date set by the Chief of the Collection Centre in order to confirm the data you have entered into the application form. Another thing you should consider is the fact that there's a limited number of volunteer vacancies and your application can be turned down.
- recruitment in the Collection Centre office - our tried and tested 'analogue' volunteer recruitment method. It requires you to visit the Collection Centre in person and fill in the required forms on site.
Novelty - registration using tokens! Some Collection Centres decided to use digital tokens as a volunteer recruitment method. Tokens are digital codes you receive from the Collection Centre. The volunteer coordinators often prefer to hold a meeting with applicants beforehand, in order to explain the procedures. Receiving a token means that your application has been approved and you are well on your way to collecting on the day of the Grand Finale!
How to register using digital tokens?
- Receive a digital token from the Collection Centre of your choice. A token is a string of numbers.
- Register online at wolontariusze.wosp.org.pl - set up an account and add a picture.
- Log into your account and enter token into the search bar. The search will bring up your Collection Centre - now it's time to apply.
- Your picture quality will be verified by the staff at the Foundation.
- Get in touch with the Collection Centre, so they could verify your data.
It might just sound complicating and a bit confusing, but once you hear back from the Collection Centre of your choice, they will guide you through the process.
See you in January!
Jurek Owsiak and the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity Foundation appeal to the Australian Collection Centres to utilize their Grand Finale fundraising resources to support the efforts to help victims of bushfires in Australia.
It's Saturday evening, and we still have hours to go before the Grand Finale fundraiser... and we already raised PLN 11 850 688! It's PLN 1 700 000 more than last year. We are beginning like we mean to go on.